CAMPO FEAST for 2 - NOVEMBERRegular price £50.00
Every season has its epicurean treats; the cold months of winter offer ethereally perfumed truffles, while Spring delights with vibrant young vegetables - green peas, baby broad beans and sweet asparagus. Summer offers its sun-blessed bounty of fruits; ripe tomatoes, headily aromatic melons & juice-leaking berries. Autumn, though, is perhaps my favourite season - and few foodstuffs herald its arrival as much as chubby little porcini & rich firm-fleshed pumpkins. Here they form the centrepiece of an outstanding menu, bookended at one end by a caponata preserving the last of the summer's vegetables, and at the other with crisp, sweet & delightful little cannoli. Buon appetito!
For your meal you will need:
- A wide heavy based saucepan, or deep sided frying pan for the risotto
- An oven tray for the pumpkin
- A peeler for the parmesan
The detailed recipes are coming soon, but in essence:
- Take your caponata & smoked ricotta from the fridge to let them come up to room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 200C (fan) or 220C (static)
- Plate your caponata & smoked ricotta, then eat
- Begin the risotto – heat the water in a saucepan or kettle
- Sauté the mushrooms, then add your water and the risotto base
- Cook till just right, then finish with parmesan, butter & parsley
- Meanwhile, roast the pumpkin with the butter & sage, then top with parmesan & balsamic. Eat before, alongside or after the risotto.
- Your cannoli will only take a minute to fill, so enjoy your main and then make them last minute for ultimate crispiness – or bring the filling separately to the table for a fun DIY experience!