CAMPO - OCTOBERRegular price £50.00
Every season has its epicurean treats; the cold months of winter offer ethereally perfumed truffles, while Spring delights with vibrant young vegetables – green peas, baby broad beans and sweet asparagus. Summer offers its sun-blessed bounty of fruits; ripe tomatoes, headily aromatic melons & juice-leaking berries. Autumn, though, is perhaps my favourite season – and few foodstuffs herald its arrival as much as chubby little porcini & rich firm-fleshed pumpkins. Here they form the centrepiece of an outstanding menu, bookended at one end by a caponata preserving the last of the summer’s vegetables, and at the other with crisp, sweet & delightful little cannoli. Buon appetito!
For your meal you will need:
- A wide heavy based saucepan, or deep sided frying pan for the risotto
- A truffle slicer, mandolin or grater for the truffle
- An oven tray for the pumpkin
- A peeler for the parmesan
The detailed recipes for the dishes are here, but in essence:
- Take your caponata & smoked ricotta from the fridge to let them come up to room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 200C (fan) or 220C (static)
- Plate your caponata & smoked ricotta, then eat
- Begin the risotto – heat the water in a saucepan or kettle
- Saute the mushrooms, then add your water and the risotto base
- Cook till just right, then finish with parmesan, butter & parsley
- Meanwhile, roast the pumpkin with the butter & sage, then top with parmesan & balsamic. Eat before, alongside or after the risotto.
- Your cannoli will only take a minute to fill, so enjoy your main and then make them last minute for ultimate crispiness – or bring the filling separately to the table for a fun DIY experience!
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS
Caponata & Smoked Ricotta
Ingredients (allergens): smoked ricotta (sheep’s milk, salt, rennet), salt, aubergine, extra-virgin olive oil, onion, celery, garlic, capers, san manzano tomatoes, red wine vinegar (grape must, wine vinegar, sulphites), caster sugar, pepper
Ingredients (allergens): Onion, white wine (sulphites), vialone rice, water, porcini, garlic, parsley, butter, parmesan (cow’s milk, salt, rennet), salt, pepper
Ingredients (allergens): pumpkin, extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar (grape must, wine vinegar, sulphites), butter, parmesan (cow’s milk, salt, rennet), sage, salt, pepper
Cannoli Ingredients (allergens): flour, butter, caster sugar, marsala (alcohol sulphites), egg, rapeseed oil
Cannoli Filling Ingredients (allergens): sheep ricotta (sheep’s milk, salt, rennet), cow ricotta (cow’s milk, salt, rennet), caster sugar, candied orange, Chocolate, Pistachio