SICILIA MARE for 2Regular price £75.00
Sicily is a food lover’s paradise: anyone who has walked the streets of Palermo, Trapani, Catania or Syracuse will undoubtedly agree.
Here we feast on firm fleshed swordfish delightful to the eyes and to the palate; sun-kissed tomatoes, delicate aubergines, vibrant red, green and yellow peppers and salty capers all lovingly marry together in the caponata; busiate – the most characteristic of pasta from western Sicily – effortlessly combines with pesto Trapanese made with pecorino and fragrant almonds, and complemented by succulent, sweet red prawns from the waters surrounding the island. And if I had to describe Sicily with a dessert, what better than cannoli, with their crunchy shell and creamy ricotta filling – so quintessentially Sicilian you will hear a voice in your head that says ‘va tastalu! (go taste it!)’
For your meal you will need:
- A large pan for cooking the pasta & a sauté pan or bowl for dressing it
- A colander or slotted spoon for draining the pasta
- A griddle pan, BBQ or frying pan for cooking the swordfish
The detailed recipes for the dishes are here, but in essence:
- Remove all ingredients (except for cannoli filling) from the fridge at least half an hour before you begin.
- Place a large pot of well salted water on to boil.
- Cook the busiate until ready (5 minutes for al dente).
- Meanwhile, gently sauté the prawns, then mix with the pasta & pesto.
- Cook the swordfish in a griddle pan, on the barbecue, or in a frying pan – it will take 6-8 minutes total (3-4 mins each side) depending on thickness.
- Slice the swordfish, arrange on the caponata, and drizzle over the salmoriglio.
- Dress the watermelon, then eat this alongside the swordfish.
- Your cannoli will only take a minute to fill, so enjoy your main and then make them last minute for ultimate crispiness – or bring the filling separately to the table for a fun DIY experience!
ALLERGENS: all packs are prepared in a mixed kitchen, we cannot guarantee the absence of ANY allergen. All packs of this dish contain dairy, gluten, alliums, eggs, celery, nuts.