BIGOLI WITH DUCK RAGÙ for 2
ONLY AVAILABLE AS AN EXTRA WITH ONE OF OUR VENETO FEASTS
As Venetian as Murano glass, Casanova or slatted blinds, Bigoli is THE pasta of the region. The dough, sometimes made with buckwheat or brown flour, sometimes white, and always enriched with eggs, is forced through a bigolaro – a bronze press cranked with great force by hand – into long thick strands, like Rubenesque spaghetti. It comes with one of two sauces; in salsa, where plentiful onions have been cooked long and slow with salted sardines or anchovies; or con anatra, a ragu of duck stewed with soffrito, and lightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, a gentle reminder of Venice’s historic position on the Silk Road. Here, we give you the latter, and it is exceptionally delicious.
For this meal, you will need:
- A large pan for boiling water
- A frying pan for the sauce
- A colander to drain the pasta
Your pack serves two and contains:
- Fresh bigoli
- Some duck ragu
- A little grated parmesan
- Bring a large pan of well-salted water (10g/lt) to the boil
- Warm the rag on a medium heat
- Add the pasta to the water, and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little of its cooking water, and add both to the sauce
- Cook together for a minute or two, until the sauce is glossy and clings to the pasta
- Heap onto plates, and top with the parmesan.
ALLERGENS: all packs are prepared in a mixed kitchen, we cannot guarantee the absence of ANY allergen. All packs of this dish contain dairy, gluten, alliums, eggs, celery, and nuts.