Sicily is a massive island, with subregional textures and as much glory in the landscape, as in the coastline. Here we celebrate the land – tomatoes and aubergines and capers in the caponata, pesto Trapanese (i.e. from Trapani) – made with pecorino and fragrant almonds – and fine candied oranges, Marsala wine and Bronte pistachios in the cannoli
FOR YOUR MEAL
The detailed recipes for the dishes are here, but in essence:
- Take your caponata out of the fridge to let it come up to room temperature
- Place a large pot of well salted water on to boil
- While you wait for this to boil, plate your burrata
- Once you’ve eaten your starter, start cooking the busiate
- While the busiate are cooking, plate your rocket and tomato salad
- Your cannoli will only take a minute to fill, so enjoy your main and then make them last minute for ultimate crispiness – or bring the filling separately to the table for a fun DIY experience!
ENJOY! Sicily is well known for its excellent wines, from playful, perfumed, summery whites and light, juicy reds, to wines of stunning poise and finesse. We've suggested a few to work with this feast, or have a look through our whole wine list and choose what suits your mood, pocket and occasion.
ALLERGENS: all packs are prepared in a mixed kitchen, we cannot guarantee the absence of ANY allergen. All packs of this dish contain dairy, gluten, alliums, eggs, celery, nuts.