LOMBARDIA FEAST for 2Regular price £75.00
Nestled in the far north and shadowed by the magnificence of the Italian Alps you will find Lombardy, one of my favourite regions. Whenever I visit, I like to lose myself in the great expanse of the Valle Padana where the food is rich, and the people are warm.
Here tables creak under the weight of simple yet sumptuous delicacies: ossobuco, literally translated as ‘the bone with the hole’, saffron infused risotto and copious amounts of bresaola, the queen of cold cuts. We have brought all these together in this feast, which finishes with a chunk of creamy Casera cheese, the decadent sweetness of chocolate salame and a handful of sweet grapes.
For your meal you will need:
- Serving dishes for the bresaola and cheese
- a medium saucepan for the risotto
The detailed recipes are here, but in essence:
- Remove the bresaola from the fridge 30 mins before serving.
- Place the osso buco in the oven, cook the risotto and serve together
- Serve up the cheese, chocolate salame and grapes and enjoy.